Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ladder Theories

Being on the other end of a rejection sucks. Whats worse is how it hits you how blunt and carefully tread answers seem far worse than the flat out truth. Its much easier to give up when you know the things with such and such didn't work out was because you were ugly or fat or short or smoker or drinker or stupid (which in my case should be all of the above :P). Atleast, those hit you hard to give up or to work on the key lows if you can help it.

Vague statements such as "I don't think of you that way" or "I like you as a friends" make no sense at all. Thinking back, I realize now how being considerate was also being equally stupid. Honestly, I don't see why you would reject a friend as a more unless there was someone else you liked, or you weren't straight or maybe you just didn't like the concept of going out enough to actually try it but yet not hate it enough to mind others trying it ( all of which would indeed be better answers). What might stop you however would be the fact that in some corner of your heart, you did feel the person standing in front of you lacking in the qualities you admire or flaunting the ones you detest.

Thinking back now in the past, it was indeed that she had been too dumb or too unattractive for my own tastes that I let her down. I wonder now if my answers had been the right one, or did I do more damage than I thought I would. Maybe this new found profoundness is because I am low on nicotine or due to her answer, I know not. But did you feel the same way.

No comments: