Saturday, November 15, 2008

Disclaimer: Web Logging

So I tried google analytics. Its quite awesome considering the detailed information it presents about website hits. And while its awesome to view hits and unique counts and geographical location, there was something amiss. So here I wrote a small php script to log every visitor by his ip address and other relevant data. And while you cant directly add php to blogspot, you can host the php page somewhere else [ for example cmi webserver ] and add an iframe widget redirecting to the php page :)

Now, I am a close knit guy and yes, this blog doesn't get many hits. So I wanted to find out my visitors personally, just so as to reach out to the fanbase and satisfy my own whims :P And all was well till it logs 15-11-08 / 12:52:34 - 122.167.83.46. Now who the hell in Bangalore visits this runt of a webbie >_<. Curiosity killed the cat and hence I am now trying to add a little code to log the username / blogspot / wordpress id of the visitor :P

So I find it only appropriate to warn you that w.r.t. all future visits to this webpage, you forfeit all your rights to browsing privacy.

Cheers :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An admirable technique for discouraging site visitors!

Haru said...

i know what you did last.. well yesterday at 16-11-08 / 05:42:48 and
16-11-08 / 07:12:54 and 16-11-08 / 10:29:54 and 16-11-08 / 12:41:38